Signs of Poisoning
- vomiting and diarrhea
- weakness and depression
- nervous stimulation, including tremors or seizures
- drinks excessive amounts of water
- rapid or slow breathing
- tongue and gum turning white, blue or brown; instead of pink
All of these are important signs that your pet may have ingested something toxic. First, it is important to examine the vomit for evidence of the substance that was ingested. For example: packaging, food, plant, or other important clues.
It is important to:
1) Remain Calm
2) Contact ASPCA (Animal Poison Control Center) at:
3) Contact your veterinarian
If your pet is having seizures, difficulty breathing, is unconscious or bleeding; rush them to your vet or emergency clinic immediately!